20231002

Friday September 23, 1983

 Why Not, Hemlington

I have thick green phlegm and feel awful. Catarrh. I went about like a consumptive. We went early to Thornaby and to the bank. I bought John a birthday card. He's 27 on Sunday. We despatched the card containing a fiver. Went to the post office. Couldn't find a Daily Telegraph and bought the Daily Mail. The Liberals are now at one another's throats. It's such a joy to see Ally at the wheel of Mandy. Today is Lily Glynn's birthday. I must ring David to let him know how we are doing. Do we take more cash than the Hollywood? John is going into business with a friend, Steve. Will it end in disaster?

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...