20250906

Tuesday November 5, 1985

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ

Election Day USA

The chill has gone from my stomach. At bedtime last night I drank a cup of warm milk laced with whisky. This, I think, did me some good. Ally ran around all day like a mad thing and really is a treasure. I just sprawled in front of the fire with Dickie Mountbatten whilst the pub heaved below. In two years I have never been sick. Busy with food. Uncle Peter came but I didn't go down. Sam was very good and sympathised. He kept saying 'Daddy sick', pulling a horrible face too. Ally and Sam went to Guiseley at 4 to Sue's bonfire, but were stuck in a traffic jam near the Yorkshire Post for three hours. A bomb scare. Poor buggers. They arrived at Sue's at 7:15 when the bonfire was nothing but embers. Sam was good in the car and drank pop and guzzled crisps and only cried when hailstones cracked on the roof. I went down much better at 8pm. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday March 21, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...