20090606

Wednesday March 6, 1974

Lynn's birthday. John gave her £2, and so did I. Susan made a contribution, but obviously she couldn't give as much as we did. No large family celebration will take place, and instead she's taking a party out to dinner this evening. Martyn, Alison, Christine Dibb, Peter and Susan all to the CW. No doubt they'll all get merry - if Toffer has anything to do with it.

I go to bed unusually early, and when Lynn comes in after 12 she reeks of pernod - but is not intoxicated. Grief, I cannot understand why she enjoys birthdays so much - personally I cannot pretend to become over enthusiastic with my annual anniversary, but I suppose the female angle on birthdays makes them more enjoyable.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...