20180611

Thursday June 7, 1979

_. I cannot write much because I'm slung between two deck chairs in the garden and it doesn't encourage me to scribe in any way. (By the way, it isn't Thursday. I left this page blank and have come back to it a few days later. In fact, it's the weekend and that's why I am in a deck chair).

I met Jacq at lunchtime at Len's Bar. I told her of Sarah and Richard's split, and a gleam appeared in her eye. Will Mr Burke, now free, escape Jacq's grasp?

Alison arrived at about 6pm to take up her new existence in Yorkshire. Mrs Dixon phoned Mum this morning and was quite upset by her daughter's departure. It is all for the best. Lynn and David B came a couple of hours later and so too did Jim & Margaret. ([Papa just walked past with a box full of lawn clippings and I am now a sticky mass of green. Some people have an odd sense of humour, don't they?)

Back to Thursday: Susan was out with Janet Simon at the Fox until about 10. I felt exhausted and by midnight and made my exit from the company. As I went I overheard people saying 'he has no stamina' and that 'it must be his age'.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...