20180611

Tuesday June 12, 1979

_. I am seriously considering abandoning this journal once and for all. I am just a pathetic mess who has great difficulty in making interesting observations on any subject, either of domestic or national importance. Indeed, you'll find no reference here to President Carter's SALT 2 summit with that nice Mr Podgorny. I am a dead loss. A vast waste of time, ink, and energy goes into this and I really could and should be doing greater things.

Isaac Newton gave us the combustion engine; John Wayne gave us over six billion cowboy epics; Ngaio Marsh gave us all those wonderful 'Poldark' books and the Queen Mum has currently completed 55 years as head of our great Royal House. Just what have I achieved? Precisely, bugger all.

But stop this wallowing, Michael. Think what the neighbours are going through. Kenneth the tortoise has been missing for three days.

-=-

1 comment:

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...