20180611

Saturday June 2, 1979

_. Out of bed at nearly lunchtime. Dave was hung over. He took a couple of headache pills to smooth the ridges of his aching brain. Joined by Garry we went off for a jaunt in the sun across Stockport. Of course, we stopped off at a pleasant tavern for refreshment. Dave was extremely pale. He started to sweat and almost collapsed. Most unhealthy.

Tonight: Out to Enzo's Pizzeria with Dave Garry and Steve. Dave and I had pizzas, but Garry and Steve demanded something 'English'. God knows what Garry will eat in Ibiza.

Afterwards it was more booze and a farewell to Steve who didn't want to join us at a disco.  I was refused entry into 'Rumours' because of my dress which wasn't up to standard apparently. They classed my Lee Cooper trousers as jeans. So we went to 'Ups and Downs', which perhaps should really be called 'Down and Unders'. Never have I been to such a diabolical, atrocious and rough club. Drunken old tarts and heavily tattooed yobs filled the place. I had that niggling feeling throughout that I was about to have my head kicked in. We had a few drinks and a view of that other world of vice and poverty.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...