20180611

Sunday June 10, 1979

_. Trinity Sunday

I am now out of the deck chair, but it is Sunday. Well, er, no. Actually we are fifteen minutes into Monday. Anyway, you probably can imagine what occurred today in the sun-drenched garden at Pine Tops. I sat in a heap reading Queen Mary (Bloody Mary, not Mary of Teck or Mrs William of Orange) and occasionally I dropped from a tree onto an unsuspecting Alison. Sue and Pete continue to play at dislocating each others hip and shoulder joints, and pounding each other with tennis balls. Mum and Dad had the good sense to avoid us completely by sitting at the front of the house and only communicating with us through the open dining room window. Very sensible.

Evidently, Alison and I disturbed Motherdear when we came in at 1am. She blamed my 'low pitched voice' which she said carries more than anyone else's. I'm quite happy and relieved to know I sound like Sir Geraint Evans, and not some revolting soprano.

At 6:30 to Lynn & Dave's for nosh and gallons of alcoholic refreshment. Lynn is positively blooming and glows like a little fluorescent light-bulb. She concocted a salad and we all joked and howled until nearly 12. Peter and I tend to become somewhat lewd. Alison and I sat together like an old established couple. It is as if we have always been together. A boy called Mark from Martyr Worthy has called her twice since she arrived on Friday. I feel jealous, yes jealous.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...