20180611

Friday June 8, 1979

_. Sarah and I went to Len's Bar and drank gin and tonic in the gloom of the crypt-like wine bar. The prices are quite ridiculous. £1 for two miserable drinks! We talked about Jacq. Evidently I am labelled 'the Iceberg'.

Tonight: Susan hadn't heard a word from Peter and so at 7 Ally and I went to Morrison's so that she could cash a cheque for £25 and then we had a quick one at the Crown in Yeadon before collecting Sue at 8 o'clock. We intended going to the Drop Inn but half way down the lane (in the Spitfire) we passed Peter driving in the opposite direction. Sue immediately joined him and we went to the Drop together. Back home at 11:30. Mum held her silence and tripped off to bed shaking her head.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...