_. Ally went to the Belfry tonight very much against my advice. Lynn and Dave came for tea and were angry at me for allowing her go to work so soon after been ill. I did explain that Ally is her own woman, and does exactly as she wants.
Saw TV tonight. The final part of 'Therese Raquin'. A haunting end, with Madame Raquin paralysed in her wheelchair, the cat with it's broken back squealing in the background, and her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law's lover laying dead at her lifeless feet.
Lynn and Dave's car was coughing and spluttering and Dad and I pushed it half way down the lane before the engine decided to turn over.
Took to my bed feeling quite sombre.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday March 19, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Clemmie. Clemmie has cut her first tooth. Ally thought she could feel it yesterday and today I felt the tiny ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment