20200503

Friday March 28, 1980

_. Ally went to the Belfry tonight very much against my advice. Lynn and Dave came for tea and  were angry at me for allowing her go to work so soon after been ill. I did explain that Ally is her own woman, and does exactly as she wants.

Saw TV tonight. The final part of 'Therese Raquin'. A haunting end, with Madame Raquin paralysed in her wheelchair, the cat with it's broken back squealing in the background, and her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law's lover laying dead at her lifeless feet.

Lynn and Dave's car was coughing and spluttering and Dad and I pushed it half way down the lane before the engine decided to turn over.

Took to my bed feeling quite sombre.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...