_. Ally came here at 1:30. Still feeling unwell she collapsed on the sofa and slept until after 5. We, the conscious ones, watched the Grand National on the BBC. Ben Nevis won at 40-1, and only four horses completed the course. In the small family flutter held for the event Ally won £1.50 [I placed the bet for her and she snoozed through it all unaware of her great good fortune].
We had a very important debate regarding Walter, the man who delivers fruit and veg to us every Saturday. Does he wear eye make-up? I say he most certainly does, but am outnumbered here.
Tonight Ally and I ate with Mum and Dad and we watched TV afterwards. When did we last stay at home on a Saturday evening? I bet it was almost a year ago. Up until 1am watching a Trevor Howard epic.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ 5th Sunday after Trinity Bessie phoned. Andrew and Lorraine are to live in un-marital bliss in a £29,000 mais...
No comments:
Post a Comment