_. Out at lunchtime buying provisions for dinner with Ally tonight. Rump steak, asparagus spears, mushrooms, peas, and a strong, unpronounceable cheese. I bumped into dear Christine in Safeways. We frequently meet like this in supermarkets. When asking if _________ has found a girlfriend yet and was told 'no' she expressed the view that he must be 'queer'. ________.
To Ally's at 4:30. We ate the dinner with rellish. The poor girl has hardly eaten a thing since Saturday. She had been in bed all day, but I found her in much better spirits. A relaxed evening. I left her at 10:15 and came home.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday March 31, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ The Earl of Arundel and Surrey, heir to the Duke of Norfolk, is engaged to Georgina Gore. Ally and Dad think ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment