20200515

Saturday May 17, 1980

_. Steve Sanderson is 22 today. Up at 10 and straight to Ally's for 11:30. She was scantily clad, and cleaning the house for tonight's 'gala'. I spent over two hours taping a heap of my records and at 1:30 we drove to Halifax, of all places, for a quick drink. We found a pub full of drunks and I found myself standing at the bar next to a little old man propped up farting and belching at a phenomenal rate. Ally was amazed that she now lives so close to Halifax. She kept repeating the name over and over again, almost under her breath, as though she'd just stumbled upon Naples.

At 5:15 we drove to Headingley and the delights of Salvo's. Joined by Sue, Pete, Chippy, Dave W, Frank, Mick Hodgson, Tony Smith, Gus, we queued outside until 7. We ate too much, and sat in the car groaning. We drank half a litre of wine each and made one Hell of a racket. The bill came to £48. Oh dear. On to Mucky Willie's in Lidget Green where we were met by Dave L, Karen, Steve, Jill, Tim, Phil, Denise, Jacq, Paul, Catherine [from the AHA], & her boyfriend, Dave. I felt very uncomfortable after all that food. Dave L suggested I drink something with peppermint. This did help. A party at Club St afterwards. Lynn and Dave came at midnight. I told Dave I'd paid Lynn £15 for her attendance, and he believed me. Everyone danced.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...