20200515

Friday May 16, 1980

_. Hot and sunny. Dave L phoned tonight. He cannot make Salvo's tomorrow but says yes to the party afterwards.

A significant event at the YP. Eileen's departure. I showed her to the revolving door and waved her goodbye. Standing in the sunshine the tears soon dried  on my pale, haggard face as I watched her, broken with emotion, disappear onto a bus bound for Dewsbury and the obscurity of motherhood. Sarah had avoided the office today. She hates goodbyes.

Steak and salad for tea, interrupted by the arrival of my Harwood cousins. Mark is now almost 13. Frank says he is going down to the Shoulder tonight with some fellow male campers [they are spending a few days in a caravan in a farmyard in Hawksworth]. Sue and Pete decided to accompany them, but I declined.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...