20200515

Thursday May 15, 1980

_. Ascension Day

Out at lunchtime for a couple of hours with Eileen and the library girls in commemoration of the termination of her employment. As usual, and in keeping with YP library 'outings' it was a flop. Little merriment was had and we walked back to the YP after 2 hours. Sharon will send a fresh breeze through the cutting files.

Phoned Peter tonight and he picked me up at 8. We collected Gus, Frank and Dave W. To the Shoulder. Something of a booze up. Dave looked like a lobster, from sun burn, and was in agony. We had to drop him off at home on the way to Oakwood. A girl called Julie came onto me: 'Ooh, you don't look 25', she pouted. I bought her a Britvic orange and we stood giggling in the bar. Home long after 2.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...