20200624

Tuesday September 23, 1980

Charles, the Citroen.
_. To Ally's from the YP. Historic day. Henry, the beloved Triumph Spitfire, has gone to the knackers yard and has been replaced by Charles [pronounced the French way], the Citroen Dyan. A petrol-blue P registered motor. I do hope Ally has more luck with Charles. Henry came to her in the autumn of his existence and was a constant source of pain and distress to his doting mistress.

I have found a suitably Scottish flavoured vintage portrait to make a birthday card for my brother. It's Sir Fitzroy Maclean, Bt [1835-1936], upright, clad in his splendid tartan and covered in orders of chivalry. The old boy was the last survivor of the Charge of the Light Brigade, in the Crimean War.

To the Belfry at 9:30 to collect Ally's money, and on to Guiseley with fish and chips. I was horribly intoxicated, serenading Ally with a selection of Stevie Wonder's greatest hits.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...