20210118

Friday April 10, 1981

 _.Up late feeling atrocious. I cannot take my drink at all these days, or so it would seem. Four pints of lager and I'm knackered for the day. Left Ally at 8 and missed the bus to Leeds and so I went by train instead. The only other occupant of my compartment was a drab looking, tweedy spinster, hiding behind a book 'Rediscovering God'.

I staggered along Wellington St and reached the office 10 minutes late. Grotty day. Buggered. Sarah took my lethargy for a developing cold and so avoided me for the day.

Home at 6. No sign of Mum and Dad. They visited Lynn and Frances this afternoon and I guess they went on to the Stonehouse Inn afterwards. Ally came at 7:30 and we cuddled in the dining room listening to Annie Nightingale on the radio. At about 9 I made eggs and chips and we sat with the plates on our knees watching TV and swilling gallons of tea. Mum and Dad came in later and Ally went home [a funny thing to do on a Friday] but she wants to do her washing in the morning, and an early start is vital.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...