20210118

Monday April 13, 1981

 _.Giggling with Ally on the phone this afternoon. I told her the only food to have passed my lips all day was one Nuttall's mint. I was chastised. One boiled sweet is hardly adequate for a growing boy. She phoned me this evening saying she has eaten some mushrooms which had probably 'gone off'. I worry, and advised arrowroot in warm milk. She went to bed early with a batch of my letters for a reappraisal. 

At home, mowed the lawns. Watched Coronation Street. Later, watched Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars.

Dave G phoned for a bulletin on Lynn and the baby. Dave L phoned but I was in the bath, and I asked Mum to ask him to change his coming visit to Club St from Wednesday to Thursday. He agrees. He stands a much better chance of getting a decent meal on Thursday. 

Mum and Dad were like love-birds tonight and seemed to be incredibly happy about something. They visited the Stonehouse Inn on Friday evening and found old George sitting in his fireside chair, with cat on his lap, looking healthy again. His daughter, from the south, says that Blubberhouses is the most boring place on earth. OK, it's no Juan les Pins, but it'll do.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...