20210118

Tuesday April 14, 1981

Frances Anne.

 _. Baby Frances made her first visit to see Granny and Grandad Rhodes at Pine Tops this evening. I sat nursing baby watching Barry Norman's film profile of Marilyn Monroe on BBC2. Baby looks much nicer. Nicer than Marilyn Monroe that is, not Barry Norman. Ally arrived looking pale and complaining of pains. ____. All eyes were firmly fixed on the baby and even the return to earth of the Space Shuttle paled into insignificance by comparison. I wasn't even aware that it had gone up, and so was mildly surprised to see it plummeting back over Colorado. Until we can walk on the floor of the Pacific, cure cancer, and live healthily until we're 300, what's the point of going into Space? Small minded of me, I bet you're saying, but expect more ridiculous observations in future.

The Bakers went home reasonably early to feed Frances and we all went into the usual raptures - baby raptures.

-=


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...