20210118

Wednesday April 15, 1981

 _. I decided to go to Bradford after tea and gathered up a mass of records and chased a bus down Bradford Rd. Ally met me on Manningham Lane, and took me on to our home. Spent the evening in comical discussion on the subject of our finances, or lack of them. I refuse to worry about money. Why fret over scraps of coloured paper with pictures of dead nineteenth century nurses peering up from them? No, I'm sure all will be well in the end. Anyway, prisons are quite comfortable places these days.

We ate toast and drank tea and watched TV. Happy and domesticated. I wish it could be June now. 

I took down my family tree to add the baby and found another Frances. My great-great grandmother was Frances Proctor. She married Edward Fawbert, and was mother to Rella [my great-grandmother], who was born in June, 1855.

To bed in the region of midnight.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...