20210526

Friday December 11, 1981

Geoff Hemingway.

 _.Frost and ice, but no snow yet. Spoke to Geoff Hemingway, EP news editor, who suggests I write for the paper on royal or local society news. He suggests we meet later to discuss ideas and that I should work under his guidance. He spoke to Malcolm Barker who announced that my work should receive 'every encouragement'. Could this be the start of something big? Will Eamonn Andrews one day be knocking on my door? Kathleen, who was listening in, was thrilled. She is convinced I'll make a writer. I'm too good for the YP library that's for sure, not meaning to come across as big headed. Good God, I'm no Napoleon, but some ambition is perhaps desirable.

Stephanie [Ferguson] has given me a book on the coming royal baby. It's a ghastly book, but has some interesting pictures. Stephanie says an astrologer has descided that the infant prince will be named 'David George'. No chance.

Once again the car battery is on charge tonight. We can only hope and pray that it will be suitably rejuvenated for tomorrow's Stockport visit. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...