20220202

Monday April 12, 1982

 Bank Holiday in the UK (Except Scotland) and Canada

JPH and Catherine
My holiday too. Full English breakfast. Scarborough? Indecision about our plans all day, and eventually we decided to go to Pine Tops. We put an old table in the car boot, and we went to Guiseley in the sunshine. I put on my new Arran sweater. John and Maria and the children were with Mum. Maria looked fat and bronzed and looked more Argentinian that Scottish. Baby names came up. Edward, such a nice name. Catherine doesn't eat, except for five oranges a day. 'She loves fruit'. The children, grown, were filthy from head to toe. Falklands chatter. John says the Russians will support Argentina. I can't see this happening. We stayed to tea. Prawns and salad. Home at 11.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...