20220202

Wednesday April 14, 1982

 Sunshine. Went to the YP looking like Bertie Wooster. Very 'county'. It was Sarah's last unmarried day at the YP, and we had cream cakes in celebration. She was in something of a fluster.

I escaped at 4 much to Carol J's chagrin and traveled home squinting in the sunshine. I was home before Ally and startled her when she came in. Two letters in The Times saying what rubbish the Nancy Astor tv series was.

Two peers have died. Viscount Chilston and Lord Greenwood of Rossendale, bringing this years number of deaths in the Upper house to 12. I'm keeping a record.

Chicken stew and dumplings. Listen to the Human League LP. Bessie phoned to see if I have got my missing card and money. Gill's daddy, the Rev Matthew Lynn, has had some ticker trouble over Easter and had surgery. 

Mum phoned to thank me for the copy of Saturday's YP which I posted. Their car failed its MOT today. They are going to sell the old heap. They had been in the Shoulder of Mutton drinking  and she sounded giggly.

Watched part one of the 'Woman in White' by Wilkie Collins.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...