20220202

Saturday April 10, 1982

 Up with the sun. No sooner had the eggs and sausages gone when Ally was too - to the hairdesser. I was left alone with the Jam LP and a mug of coffee. My bowels aren't what they should be.

I walked to the Post Office to get a claims form to see what I can do about my missing birthday card from Bessie. Four sheets on in depth questions. One would think I was applying to go behind the 'Iron Curtain' or something.

Pig came home at 1pm and looked good, but her hair isn't as well done as it was in November.

To Bradford: Bought Sarah and Trevor some Royal Worcester 'Evesham' - £13.50. They must have spent a similar amount on us. Ally bought a new red shirt and earrings - she looks a cracker. Bought the Human League's album 'Dare'. Exquisite.

Bath. To Burley-in-W at 9pm [we called on Mum first. She was sitting with Christopher, less like a frog and more sturdy]. To Lynn and Dave's. People were eating pork pies and quietly watching each other. The music was far too low and I felt that my hours of taping were spent in vain. Was surprised by the arrival of Jacq and Trixie. Dave L and José, Karen, Steve, Jill, Tim, Diane, Paul, Sue, Pete, Dave's uncle Tony Baker [from Ghana?], the wonderful Dave and Elaine Allinson, Chris and Julie, my brother John too, bronzed from Majorca &c. The night improved. Drank. Danced. Human Leagued. Home at 4:58am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...