20220826

Thursday September 30, 1982

 John P.H. is six today, God Bless him. Mum and Dad came home from Scotland and phoned this evening. Baby Hannah is beautiful, but add little else. Maria bumped into Janette in Stranraer _____________.

Ally was slumped upon the settee looking very weak. Ate fish and chips. Brewed beer. She made a cushion cover from an old skirt. Looks good. I shouldn't refer to her as 'she'.  Watched Robert Powell in the film 'The 39 Steps' - poor. Give me Robert Donat any day. Life is so busy. I love this journal but do not think I am giving it my all. No time, you see.

At 10 the phone rang and I thought it was Papa but no it was his brother, John, in Lanzarote. [Sheila too was on the extension]. They asked Ally and I to go stay with them. All we need is a flight. It was so good hearing him. He has fond memories of my visits to Windsor, and I have the same. It's ten years since the Duke of Windsor was lying-in-state and I paid my first visit to Clewer Fields. To bed excited. I'm sure Ally will love them.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...