20231004

Monday October 17, 1983

The Linthorpe.
 Phoned Roy at breakfast time and arranged to go to the Linthorpe at 10:15 for my first managers liaison committee meeting. Fran O'Brien presided. Those present included Roy, lowering the tone of the place, Jim Brown , big and bear-like from the Cambridge, a bearded young man from Eston's who is Roy's trainee, and a youth who has the Brunton Arms. Talked about sanatizing the post-mix and the showers in managers accommodation, &c. All good fun. Tim didn't come from the Master Cooper because of his stocktake. I didn't let the stocktake today stop me. Ally collected me at 12:30 and the stocktaker was waiting for us with grim news. We have a £140 defecit since the last stocktake - obviously due to theft. Our future with Sam Smith's is now at stake. Such a bloody shame. A holding relief in a good, little pub would have set us right. We refuse to be depressed though. Ally very angry that we are being fiddled so.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...