Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ
Fuming today. Leslie Gledhill sent us a letter, from which I'll quote later. Winnie, Dad's neighbour at Horton-in-Ribblesdale, phoned and gave me momentary panic, by saying that at 2:30pm today Dad's curtains were closed, his blind in the kitchen was down and his garage door ajar. I tried phoning but had no joy, but eventually traced him to John's, where he was unconcerned. I thought he had 'topped himself'. Poor Sue is abed with gastric 'flu.
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother was represented by by Lt-Col Sir Martin Gilliat at the memorial service for Dame Ann Parker Bowles held yesterday at the Guards Chapel ...
Sir Hugh Carleton Greene, former director-general of the BBC, died last night in the King Edward VII's Hospital for Officers. He was 76.
Princess Anne arrived in Agaba yesterday on a three-day private visit to Jordan as guests of King Hussein and Queen Noor. She was met by her husband Capt Mark Phillips, who arrived in Jordan on Tuesday.
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment