20260820

Saturday February 14, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ

St Valentine's Day

Samuel and I were up at dawn writing a card for mummy. He was using real ink and dipping his pen into my Quink ink bottle. We went in to see Mummy with tea and biscuits, and for a cuddle. Ally gave me a card with a particularly sloshy verse. What a fun day this is. Good old St Valentine. Who was he anyway? Back to it. With Samuel to Linfood. I did lunch alone. Quite busy. Martin Mullen came behind the bar at one point to pull his own pint of beer which I frowned upon. He pleased innocence and said he wasn't intending stealing beer, but only helping. Just the two of us tonight too. Cosy. 

I am told a story about a woman who asked whether there were any books on euthanasia at an Ipswich library. The assistant then paused for a moment and replied: "No, but I believe we have a book called 'Young Man in India'".

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday February 15, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Septuagesima Andrew 23. John and Janette came this afternoon with JPH, Catherine, and Charlotte. Then, Lynn, ...