20090501

Sunday September 30, 1973

15th after Trinity. Like yesterday I awoke at 7 o'clock but instead of going back to sleep I staggered down to the lounge where I play John's Tamla vol. III, very quietly, and sip a large glass or orange juice. I went back to bed at 8 and came back down at 10. It is so cold in my bedroom. I put the central heating into action which warmed the house very quickly.

Marita is taking Chris to Harewood this afternoon, where Andy is protecting all those hill climbers! The weather is shocking and the wind really strong - I pity them.

Today is Dave's final day in Yorkshire. He goes to Worcester early tomorrow. He rings me after lunch and says that he would have gone blackberry picking had it not been for the weather. I say I will ring him back at 6 to decide if we are going out or not - I doubt it very much after last night.

Lynn and Stephen decide to go to the cinema - so do John and Christine W. Susan also wants to go and so I agree to go with her. I ring Dave at 6.15 and wish him all the luck - adding 'see you on Saturday'. Dad runs Sue and me to Yeadon at 6.20. Film 'Battle for the Planet of the Apes' begins at 6.30. Not too good. 'Escape from the Planet of the Apes' was much better. Leave for home at 10.30. John walks Christine home - the White Mini Market heiress -and we are all home for 11.15.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...