20190218

Tuesday July 31, 1979

_. Torrential rain. Ally signed for her house on Club Street, and all is going ahead. When I saw the property last Friday I was pleasantly surprised. It seems solid and well cared for. Ally says that the interior is even better and more pleasing to the eye.

Sarah wants me to accompany her to the Grand Theatre next week to see Hamlet. Derek Jacobi is playing the prince. Dad would like to come too, but Mum refuses to entertain the idea. Wild horses wouldn't get Mum to the theatre, unless it was  John Hanson in 'The Desert Song'.

Listened to Jacqueline du Pre, the cellist, playing Beethoven's 'The Ghost'. Bloody awful, Ludwig.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...