20200411

Friday January 25, 1980

_. Feel well considering. Last night I consumed vast quantities of brandy and did a lot of listening. Took coffee with Ally and Sue and went into Leeds with Jim and Jennie.

Dull at the YP.  at 1pm I met Jacq at the Ostlers for a few lagers to break the monotony. Jacq's 'silver jubilee' birthday party falls on February 2, so that is somewhere to take Glynnie by way of a change. She and Paul are still going strong. It was a leisurely lunch and I did not make it back to my desk until 2:30. I arrived back at the office just before Kathleen. To have bumped into her on the stairs would have resulted in instant death.

Marshal Tito is recovering. Isn't it amazing? He's 87, with one leg, yet fighting on. Meanwhile in other news, our own Maurice Macmillan, MP for Farnham, and son of the former prime minister, is critically ill after collapsing with bronchitis. Farnham is a safe Tory seat and so the PM won't lose any sleep.

Ally at the Belfry. I stayed in and festered until after midnight. Saw a weird film 'Dr Jekyll and SISTER Hyde', wherein the dabbling quack turns into a female.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...