20200411

Saturday January 26, 1980

_. A fine, sunny day. Out of bed at 10:30. Got a bus to Manningham Lane where Ally was supposed to meet me at 12:15. She arrived at one and I playfully attempted to strangle her in the car.

On to Club Street for a short while and then at Ally's suggestion we drove to Haworth. It was a pleasant drive and by 2pm we were in a little pub [Black Bull?]. The town was swarming with tourists, and all seemed to be very disturbed by our quaint licensing laws. We concluded our lunchtime drink in the King's Arms and then came back to Bradford, bought a bottle of plonk, and dined at Club Street on chicken casserole.

I think it was the wine that finished Ally off, but she slipped into a coma. From the sitting room I carried her upstairs where she slept until 10pm.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...