20200411

Wednesday January 23, 1980

_. Phoned Ally at 7:50 to get her out of bed.

At lunchtime I phoned Lynn to say yes to Thursday at the Allinson residence. She told me she had bumped into Carole Phillips and Mick Lynch at lunchtime. She was given the full and sordid details of Peter Phillips's broken engagement.

Glynnie phoned at 7:30 to escape 'Coronation Street'. He told me that Billy was impressed with his letter, but that Billy had refused to let Dave or Garry see the contents. I gave Dave the okay for the February 1 weekend. Ally is to have a party.

I am taking a half day tomorrow to begin my long awaited purchase of vital family certificates. It's fortunate that Pudsey births, marriages and deaths are stored at Guiseley Register Office.

All I do is watch the goggle box night after night. I was entertained by the Michael Parkinson Show at eleven. Robert Runcie, the new Archbishop of Canterbury, appeared on the chat show and he made a tremendous impression on me. He was light, amusing, charismatic, quite the opposite of the cardboard cut-out Donald Cobweb. In fact, Coggan's reign was a total flop. In such a position he could have done so much more. Runcie will definitely inject new drive and personality.

To bed 11:55.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...