_. Phoned Ally at 7:50 to get her out of bed.
At lunchtime I phoned Lynn to say yes to Thursday at the Allinson residence. She told me she had bumped into Carole Phillips and Mick Lynch at lunchtime. She was given the full and sordid details of Peter Phillips's broken engagement.
Glynnie phoned at 7:30 to escape 'Coronation Street'. He told me that Billy was impressed with his letter, but that Billy had refused to let Dave or Garry see the contents. I gave Dave the okay for the February 1 weekend. Ally is to have a party.
I am taking a half day tomorrow to begin my long awaited purchase of vital family certificates. It's fortunate that Pudsey births, marriages and deaths are stored at Guiseley Register Office.
All I do is watch the goggle box night after night. I was entertained by the Michael Parkinson Show at eleven. Robert Runcie, the new Archbishop of Canterbury, appeared on the chat show and he made a tremendous impression on me. He was light, amusing, charismatic, quite the opposite of the cardboard cut-out Donald Cobweb. In fact, Coggan's reign was a total flop. In such a position he could have done so much more. Runcie will definitely inject new drive and personality.
To bed 11:55.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 14, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ We are such abnormal little people. Who else but we, the Rhodeses of the Moorhouse, would breakfast together,...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment