20200411

Thursday January 24, 1980

_. Tiresome day. I want to do something else but know not what. How many times have I expressed disaffection with my employment, and yet after six years I am no nearer moving on. The beginning of a new decade should also see the start of my quest of the world and all it holds.

Took a half day. Left at 12 in pouring rain. Got home for 1:30 to find the house deserted. Had a phone call from Lynn saying she and Mama are taking the waters in the White Cross. Dad arrived home for lunch just as I was about to join them, and I left him, clad in police regalia, inspecting the contents of the refrigerator and whistling a nostalgic tune from yesteryear. I hot footed it down Thorpe Lane and joined Lynn and Mum in the pub for an hour. On to Burley to take Lynn home.

Out at 8pm to Rawdon to see Dave and Elaine Allinson. ______.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...