_. Left home at 6:30am to have breakfast with Sarah at Ivory Towers. To the office feeling atrocious. Did minimal work until 11 and then we moved behind the filing cabinets to have a few drinks and exchange gifts in the age old tradition.
At 12:30 I met Ally and we went to Parker's. It wasn't busy considering that today is the most alcoholic day in the piss-artist's calendar. We were joined by Sarah, Carol and a pregnant Eileen. On to the abominable Regent at Chapel Allerton, where Sarah and Carol did a disappearing act. The Regent is always full of painted whores. Back to Guiseley at 3pm with the top down on the spitfire. I hailed 'happy Christmas' to bemused pedestrians.
A full house at home. JPH was glued to the TV. I collapsed in a chair and slipped in and out of consciousness until I gave in at 10:30 and went to bed leaving Ally with Mum, Dad and John.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday March 13, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Saw Caroline again. She handed me a flimsy garment for my 'Tarzan act' tomorrow. Bloody hell, I take ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment