20200406

Monday December 24, 1979

_. Left home at 6:30am to have breakfast with Sarah at Ivory Towers. To the office feeling atrocious. Did minimal work until 11 and then we moved behind the filing cabinets to have a few drinks and exchange gifts in the age old tradition.

At 12:30 I met Ally and we went to Parker's. It wasn't busy considering that today is the most alcoholic day in the piss-artist's calendar. We were joined by Sarah, Carol and a pregnant Eileen. On to the abominable Regent at Chapel Allerton, where Sarah and Carol did a disappearing act. The Regent is always full of painted whores. Back to Guiseley at 3pm with the top down on the spitfire. I hailed 'happy Christmas' to bemused pedestrians.

A full house at home. JPH was glued to the TV. I collapsed in a chair and slipped in and out of consciousness until I gave in at 10:30 and went to bed leaving Ally with Mum, Dad and John.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...