20200406

Wednesday December 26, 1979

_. Bank Holiday in England, Ireland & Wales

JPH woke me at 1:30pm. Downstairs John and Sue were entertaining Janet Simon and her boyfriend, Robert. Watched Keith Michell playing Henry VIII which is always a pleasure. Mum and Dad are out, as is traditional on Boxing Day. I made a buffet for the guests [a selection of poultry and lettuce leaves]. Afterwards John and JPH returned to Ridgeway. JPH was on his bicycle, which looked massive, but he has already discovered the process of pedalling. Ally and I sat reading 'Charles Prince of Wales' by Anthony Holden, which Mum and Dad bought me for Christmas. An excellent publication and very well written.

Out at 8pm with Ally to Dave L's. The gang there included Sue, Pete, who came when the pubs closed, along with MM, Marita, Carole P, John, Maria, Jimmy Macdonald, Karim, Chris Rat, Pete Mather, Martyn C, &c. Dave and I had a head start, and so by 10:30 were were pissed. Drank whisky. The party ended at 1:30am when Albert and Joan L returned. Everyone looked pained at the early finish. Home to Pine Tops. Vomit.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...