20200406

Tuesday January 1, 1980

_. Ally woke me at 2:30pm. She has recovered from the 'nervous breakdown' suffered in the small hours. Don't ask. The street lights were glowing and nightfall was almost upon when I emerged from bed. Poached eggs for breakfast/lunch/dinner or whatever it was. We drove to Burley where we found Mum, Dad, Chris and Julie. They all left soon after [Mum and Dad had been walking near Fewston].

We had a beer and watched TV. We had pie and chips with Lynn and Dave and watched 'Paint Your Wagon', a hideous musical. I think Clint Eastwood attempted to sing.

We returned home to even more telly. Penelope Keith in 'Donkey's Years' by Michael Frayn. Quite good. Bit of a boring start to a new decade.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...