20200406

Wednesday January 2, 1980

_. The birthday of Mum & Dad. A foul day. I arrived at the office at 8:50 and Kathleen threw a fit in true Mussolini style. No longer are we permitted the right to work through our lunch hour, and if we are late in future we have to work over at the end of the day. She treats her staff as though we are third formers in a school for delinquents.

Ally attempted to buy a Royal Albert calendar plate, and failed miserably, and so at 5 I discovered I have no gift for my parents. Ally picked me up at Guiseley railway station. Home at 6. They took the lack of presents very well.

John and Maria came at 7 minus the offspring, and Mum and Dad went to Giovanni's at White Cross leaving us watching TV.  Lynn and Maria were having a proper chin wag. The birthday pair staggered back at 10:30. Bed after 2.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...