20200406

Monday December 31, 1979

_. Worked until about 1pm and then the library staff polished off the Yuletide whisky and had a couple of games of cards. Home at 2:30 to find John walking on the lane with the children. At home no one was in and so John and I sat drinking coffee and playing with the babies like a pair of nannies. He bundled them off home at about 4 o'clock.

Out to the White Cross tonight and then to Margaret and Jim's. Just Mum, Dad, Lynn, Dave, Sue, Pete, Pamela N, Julie N. Ally phoned her parents at midnight to be told that Graham and Gill had announced their engagement. We partied until gone 4.

So, that's the end of another year, and decade, folks. Who knows what the next decade has in store. Will the 1980s see me make that fateful move down the aisle? Will 1980 see the heir to the throne take similar steps? Will Russia invade Pakistan, India and the USA? Will President Carter march on Moscow in the steps of Napoleon and Adolf Hitler? Will I end up in the armed forces? Can I be of assistance to NATO? Am I field marshal material?

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...