20200419

Saturday March 8, 1980

_. David B is 24 today. I pottered around in the garden for a couple of hours until Ally came at about 12. I was delighted to receive a cheque for £19.45 from the YP for my occasional tips and contributions. How wonderful. I think I have Bob Cockroft to thank for this.

Ally and I went to Burley at lunchtime where Dave gave up his birthday to work on her ailing car. I gave Lynn the £10 I owe her. I also gave her a Wedgwood plate found in a recent sale. They have bought a car from Dave's workmate Gerry. Others arrived. Richard and Mandy Baker and Chris B and Julie Harris.

Later Lynn and Dave went to the Hare & Hounds for dinner. Mum, Dad, Sue and Pete dined at Giovanni's. Ally and I went to the White Cross where we found Jim and Margaret, pissed, after a wedding. Martyn and Pete M came. I was told I look 'smooth' whatever that might mean.

Then, to Lidget Green.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...