20200419

Sunday March 9, 1980

_.3rd Sunday in Lent

Up at 9. The cupboard was bare and so Ally and I had pea and ham soup, followed by toast, for breakfast. Ally went off to the Belfry at 10:30 and I came home on a bus and to a second more traditional breakfast with Mama and Papa. I went out to do some work in the back garden. Mr Howard, the chap over the fence at the bottom of the garden, was busily erecting something resembling a nuclear fall-out shelter. He's obviously disturbed by the recent goings on in Afghanistan.

Ally came over at about 7:30 and we went to the Fox, then the Crown at Yeadon where we encountered Philip Knowles. Then to to the White Cross. In came Martyn, Pete M and Chris R. Had such a laugh with Dave Wainwright and Gus.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...