20200419

Saturday March 1, 1980

_. St David's Day

Up at 10:30. Painting my bedroom. Wasn't planning on going to Tony Green's leaving party but then Sarah phoned 'Oh what fun it will be' she squealed. So half an hour later I was hot footing it down the lane, the prospect of a delightful binge ahead. To the Eagle on North Street for 1:20, joined Sarah, Carol J, Lynne Bateson, and a multitude of revellers. The Timothy Taylor's bitter soon took effect and I was soon slobbering over the comely Carol J, taking drags of her cigarettes. Carol, in recent weeks, has diminished at a phenomenal rate. The weight has fallen off. Was it the beer, or has she taken on a Raquel Welch-like aura? Sarah and [John] MacMurray left us to go 'the match', whatever that meant, and I was left to the delights of Carol J.

At 3 Carol drove Lynne B and I to Lynne's house in Horsforth where we slumped in armchairs downing whisky and dry Martini with 'earfulls' of Diana Ross. Home with Carol at nearly 5. Pissed. Sat eating a blurred lettuce. Ally came over at 7:30 and we drove over in the spitfire to meet Lynne B, and in contravention of several road traffic acts. To the Queen's on Town Street in Horsforth, then back to Lynne B's. At about 11 Ally passed out on Lynne's bed. If I'd been sober I might have felt a twinge of embarrassment, but I wasn't.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...