20200511

Saturday April 19, 1980

_. Clad in my finest gear I set out at 11 to pay court to Miss Dixon. I found her reclining in her boudoir. She pottered around upstairs and I sat twiddling my thumbs. This set the scene for the day.

A little man appeared at 1:30, with a sizeable tool box, and he went up into the loft in search of damp patches.

At 9pm we went to a couple of pubs in Thornton. Ally thought she might bump into her office mate, the demure, tiny, mouse-like Catherine and her fiance, David. But we were left alone for the night. We did a fair bit of giggling. I now look as though I've just flown in from Nassau, Bahamas, thanks to the infrared sun lamp. Fish and Chips in Lidget Green and then back to Club Street, where I discovered a wonderful delicacy: blackcurrant jelly flooded in gin. It's an ideal way to get shy and innocent people to discard all their clothing.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...