20200511

Tuesday April 22, 1980

_. Industrious day at the YP. Home at 5:20 to a delightful rump steak. Dad seemed to devour his in seconds, and he sat smacking his lips like some carnivorous jungle beast.

I phoned Ally at breakfast time [as I always do] and she phoned me in the afternoon. We plan to lunch in Leeds tomorrow. I arranged to meet her at Whitelocks.

This evening I spoke to Dave L. His new teaching job in going down quite nicely. He's teaching first formers and spends day after day just repeating himself. I am thankful that I was spared becoming a teacher. I am sure that by now I would have been in Broadmoor. We may be going out on Friday, but details have yet to be discussed.

Lynn appeared here this morning to prove to Mama that she is in fact fit and well. The Bakers are going to Spain on July 1.

Mrs Thatcher completes her first year as prime minister next week.  I think she is doing a remarkable job.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...