20200601

Friday July 18, 1980

_. Pete's stag night, and Sue's hen night. I went at 7:30 with Dave L to the Shoulder and joined Pete, Chippy, Frank, Dave W, Dave B, Mick Hebden, Flu, John Sumpton, plus a throng of Monobond employees and other anonymous types. Thirty in all. We swilled ale until 11, spilling as much as we drank. A minor spot of violence occurred when Chippy punched Dave W in the mouth over a minor spillage. We all went on to Oakwood, except Dave L. The events at Oakwood I have forgotten. Pete, like something from a fairy tale, slept upon a sofa surrounded by well-made wenches drinking vodka and lime. Home at 2. I think we might now be excommunicated from the Shoulder.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...