20200601

Tuesday July 22, 1980

_. Hangover. A hot, muggy day. Felt horrible all day. To the YP until 12 and then came home and packed my suitcase for Sunday and tidied my room in readiness for Uncle Bert's occupation at the weekend. Sat over a salad crunching asprin and wondering why, oh why do I inflict this upon myself.

Heard with great sadness that Peter Sellers has suffered a severe heart attack in London. It seems unlikely that he'll recover from this one. The poor man's downfall has been beautiful women. They [his wives] have all been too young, energetic and beautiful.  Britt Ekland gave him his first hearty attack in '64 and now Lynne Frederick has caused this one. Perhaps the likes of Lady Isobel Barnett or Dame Margaret Rutherford might have proved more beneficial wives. Poor, poor man.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...