20200601

Monday July 21, 1980

_. Susan's 21st birthday. Sunny. Up at 7 for champagne with Sue in Mum & Dad's room. Mum gave her £21, but I didn't invest her with the camera until later.

To the YP with Jim R, minus his daughter, who has broken up until September.

Back tonight to a party, just our bunch plus the Nasons, Janet Simon and Robert. Something of a knees up. Sue looked radiant. Janet was hideously drunk, which angered Mama. We noshed and drank until about 3am. Ally and I [the survivors] cleared away the debris and carefully washed the Royal Albert china. I polished off the strawberries and cream as I lay in a heap on the floor.

To bed exhausted. Completely knackered.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...