20200614

Tuesday August 26, 1980

_. Got into the YP on time, for a change. I can never climb out of bed without being cajoled by Sue, so it's difficult now she is gone.

Sarah had a dreadful experience at the party in Cawood yesterday. The girls were set upon by a riotous, drunken mob, and they were deposited, fully clad, in the swimming pool at the orgy. Watches and clothes were ruined. She says she sobbed uncontrollably for hours. Carol J had been deposited in at the deep end, and she cannot swim. Sarah is badly bruised.

Phoned Ally, still celebrating the Bank Holiday. She says she may visit an elderly aunt in Colne. She seldom, if ever, visits Lancashire and her elderly aunts, and so I take this to signify a measure of protest.  I told her I'd be there on Thursday. She rang back at 10 to say the aunt visiting had never materialised and that instead she had stripped the wallpaper from the bathroom walls.

Saw Keith Michell play Henry VIII in part 5 of 'The Six Wives of Henry VIII', first shown in 1972, I think. To bed at 10:30 with a very mug of Ovaltine, like water.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...