20210111

Saturday April 4, 1981


 _. New Moon

Grand National Day. Ally put 25p each wayon the winning horse, and scooped over £3. My horse refused half way round the course. Mum's set off in the opposite direction. 

I spent most of the day up a ladder in the cold painting the windows.

Tonight Ally and I dined with Mum and Dad, and Ally stayed over in her suite. At midnight, in my bed, she handed me the first of my birthday presents, viz: [1] a new watch bracelet, [2] The Old Man of Lochnagar, by the Prince of Wales. My birthday card is a painting by Beryl Cook entitled 'My New Fur Coat'. We sat giggling. I do not feel twenty-six.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...