20210209

Tuesday July 28, 1981

Nancy: fish out of water/
 _.Got a bus to Guiseley at 5:30 and Ally met me there. We went to Pine Tops to watch the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana interviewed. It was recorded in the summer house at Buckingham Palace in the middle of last week. A touching, simple little interview. I thought Lady Diana looked very thin and pale. From tomorrow I do hope that the couple will be afforded some privacy to lead a normal existence. We don't want our future Queen to spend her life in a Tetbury asylum.

There was a Hyde Park fireworks spectacular tonight for the 'crowned heads of Europe'. Fireworks are very nice if you like that sort of thing. They sat Nancy Reagan next to a Mandingo chieftain. She looked like a fish out of water.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...