20220525

Friday June 18, 1982

 Ally phoned at 9 as soon as I arrived at the office to say that Gill phoned at 8 to say she and Graham will be with us in Bradford this evening to lodge in our spare room. They are going to a wedding in Oldham tomorrow. 

Exhausted all day.  Dead on my feet. Home to a similarly wilting Ally. A long night sitting, waiting for Graham and Gill. They arrived at 11:15 and we had fish and chips and tins of ale. A horrible, greasy repast. As soon as it was decently possible we took off to bed. Gill could not be talked out of the name Siobhan. It's too posh for me. Lady Scrymgeour is called Siobhan. Giggled in bed for no apparent reason.

Work tomorrow - aarrggh.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...